Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's The Little Things In Life. . .

Sooooo as you are aware yesterday was our three year anniversary. Yay for us! Being that we are celebrating this weekend, last night's dinner was more comfort food than anything else. Being in my Budget-Diva mode I opened the freezer, pantry, and spice cabinet and used only what was readily available. I love soups. Really I do. One of Husbandface's favorites is potato soup so he did not hesitate to ask for it. I had Russet Potatoes, frozen chicken stock, herbs, and milk. Here is my recipe. It can be modified to your hearts desire, but this is how we like it. Enjoy!


Begin with one glass of champagne. (This is MY recipe remember?!)
Peel 5 medium Russet Potatoes.
Boil said potatoes until soft.

Strain potatoes. One of my favorite tips regarding potatoes is to always let them sit a while after straining. Often the potatoes still have a lot of moisture in them and it can effect the constistancy of what you are cooking. Letting the steam rise will help prevent that. Once potatoes are strained place in a Cuisinart mixer with 1 cup of warm milk. You can use a blender but I find the soup needs straining afterwards and I am all about function. :) Puree until smooth. Place mixture back into pot and add about 8 cups of stock.


Add slowly while whisking. You may need more or less. This is where your chef intuition kicks in.. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Finish with any of the following: Cheese, bacon pieces, green onion, sour cream, or all of them! Pair with a game of dominoes and you have yourself a fantastic night. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...