Friday, April 3, 2009

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............................


Spring is HERE! It's time for snap peas and lamb. I know for most that may not be the first thing that comes to mind during this season but let me enlighten you on the glory of this pairing. Snap peas still in their pods are delish. So good in fact, I usually finish half the bag on the way home from the grocery store. But once paired with some caramelized rack of lamb, a food coma is sure to follow. A wonderful chef taught me one of his favorite broiled lamb recipes on my 15 minute break at work. Simple, classic, and obviously memorable. The recipe is as follows:

One Rack of lamb sliced into single rib portions ( evil I know to pre-slice, but trust me please!)
For Lamb:
1 TBS fresh rosemary chopped
1 Tsp fresh sage chopped
Olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

For snap peas
1 LB. snap peas shell on, blanched
1 Tsp. fresh lemon zest
1 Tsp. Garlic thinly sliced
1 Tbs. Oil

Lamb: Season both sides of lamb segments with oil, salt, and pepper. Prep broiler to low. Place lamb on sheet pan lined with foil and greased. Broil for about 4 minutes on first side. Take out lamb and turn to other side. Broil for 1-2 minutes. After broiled take out and season with chopped rosemary and sage. I have found that if I do this earlier, the herbs burn. Place back under broiler and finish cooking to your liking. I like mine rare, so about a minute. Remove and let rest.

Peas: In a saute pan on medium heat add your 1 Tbs of oil. Tilt pan so all the oil puddles to one side and add your garlic to the oil. This puddle will prevent burning of the garlic. Once Garlic is browned add snap peas until warmed through. Finish with lemon zest and voila!

Enjoy your springy meal! Hope it adds some spring to your step. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! As a lamb lover, this sounds awesome! I may have to try this. Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...