So I have decided to get into food photography. I'm still an amateur but the adventure has been fun so I thought I would make a commitment on this site and you can all hold me too it. No longer will I use a photo that I have not taken. It's gonna be hard but I'm okay with that. . . and I will accept your criticism good or bad! Soooo here we go!
I made the most AMAZING Orange zest fritters today. Unreal. Gone under 10 minutes good. My mother was kind enough to get me a pound of oranges on Friday and I have had so much fun using them. I usually make savory fritters and have never made a sweet ones before. . . . There may be no turning back! Lucky for you I am sharing the recipe and the photos of my fritter journey.
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup orange juice
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
* Oil for deep-fat frying
* 1 cup or more of Confectioners' sugar
* In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the eggs, orange juice, butter and orange peel. stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Should be slightly heavier than cake batter consistency.
* In heavy bottomed pan with deep sides or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil.