Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's It!


Today I have had the most random of cravings for one of the bay area's little treasures. An It's It. I can't exactly leave work to go get one, so I thought I would do the next best thing and search the internet for a photo. Well that didn't ease the craving at all. In my photo search however, I did gain a lot of knowledge about this tasty morsel. In 1928 a hero (At least I think he is) sandwiched vanilla ice cream in between two oatmeal cookies and dipped it in chocolate. It's It was exclusively sold at San Francisco's Playland-at-the-beach for over 40 years. When playland was torn down, It's it was gone with it. In 1974 they were resold again and took off to remain a part of every child's happy memories. I love foods that have memories attached to them, and It's it was always the treat my father bought me at the end of our days at the lake. So do you have and great food memories? Share in comments! Gosh I'm hungry now. . . .

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...